The male view of divorce
According to recent surveys, are there persons who feel discriminated in a divorce?
In certain conditions, the divorce is the best option for both partners.When the decision is made and there is no
reverse gear, a trail of mixed feelings for both men and women alike begins.
“Law and Society tend to side with women, when the relationship dissolves, especially if the couple has
children. Each case is different and a world away, and not to generalize, but as the woman has her feelings and
charges, the man is frustrated and full of fears that he tries to solve his own way”, says the Argentinian attorney
specializing in divorce, Juan Esteban Moreno Street.
The way the man feels before the divorce
- The law is unfair and always good for women, especially if there are children involved.
- The woman, in most cases, seeks revenge and finds the welfare of the children as an excuse to keep them away from
their father as much as possible.
- When you have no money to meet the maintenance, he is a bad person who does not meet his obligations.
- The equal right to divorce is uneven. The man is limited to see the children when indicated by a judge and find
another place to live.
The man suffers the same consequences as a woman who is divorced. “She believes that the man, being once again
free, unfettered and without having to live with the children if there are any, overcomes the separation more
quickly and can rebuild his love life with more agility than the woman, but this is totally false. Each struggles
as they can and there is not someone who suffers more than the other, they both suffer and have feelings of guilt
and failure they experience equally”, the specialist still claims.
Symptoms experienced by the divorced man:
- Feeling of failure
- Fear that his children will stop wanting him
- Episodes of anxiety and stress by not having his children by his side daily
- Ordered self-esteem
- Economic insecurity
- Fear of change (lifestyle, from home, social circle before he shared with his partner)
- Constant tiredness
- Lack of concentration at work
Recommendations to deal with divorce
- A divorce in good terms is always more convenient to both parties. There are guidelines both when it comes to
visits and responsibilities from the moment of separation and this is the best alternative to continue through the
injury and both may feel that there is balance and equality.
- It would be ideal if everyone understood what the other was going through after the break and there should be no
blame and resentment, as they are useless.
- The couple's relationship has broken down, but friendship should arise between the two partners, much more if you
have children in between because that creates a link that is for life.
- Respect and value what each one feels at the time of separation, as there is not only one person that suffers,
The bitterness and depression which cause a divorce are something they both carry on their backs and each can
handle it as they want, so do not underestimate the pain of others by showing that the your pain is much deeper
because you are committing a major error.